Alexandria's facility provides ISO 9001 plating and anodizing including a complete laboratory with state-of-the-art test equipment. Chemists document and perform on-the-spot analysis of process solutions. This process control provides traceability.
Test EquipmentComputer System
For reviewing, tracking & updating customer part information, history (revision levels, etc.)Equipment for checking coating thickness:
- X-ray fluorescence and betascope
- Fisher technologies permascope
- Coulometric thickness tester
- Inverted metallurgical microscope
- Digital micrometers, calipers, as well as digimatic hole tester for inside bore diameters
- Varied (~50 sets) of coating standards. (Traceable to NIST)
- Magnetic Induction
- Eddy Current
- Hall Effect
Environmental Test Chambers:
- High Humidity
- Salt spray
Complete coating property evaluation equipment:
- Abrasion resistance
- Microhardness (Vickers & Knoop) tester
- Electronic balance for coating weight
- Microsectioning apparatus for the preparation for metallurgical studies
- Surftest surface roughness tester
- Stereo type microscope for final (visual) inspection
Full chemistry lab for on-the-spot plating bath analysis and troubleshooting.
ISO 9001:2008 CertificationCERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
FM APPROVALS issues this certificate to the Firm named belowALEXANDRIA METAL FINISHERS
9418 Gunston Cove Rd.
Lorton, VA. 22079-2314
After assessing the Firm’s quality system and finding it in compliance withISO 9001:2008
For the following scope of registrationCOMPREHENSIVE METAL FINISHING SERVICES-PLATING,
ANODIZING AND CHEMICAL PROCESSING
(Exclusions: 7.3, Design and Development Planning, and 7.5, Service Provision)
Registration No. 210501.2
Effective Date: June 27, 2016
Expiration Date: June 27, 2019
This registration is subject to ongoing audits by FM APPROVALS.
Any change to the basis of this registration requires
Acceptance in writing by FM APPROVALS.
Please call for a copy of our current certificate.