Alexandria's facility provides ISO 9001 plating and anodizing including a complete laboratory with state-of-the-art test equipment. Graduate chemists document and perform on-the-spot analysis of process solutions. This process control provides traceability.
Test EquipmentComputer System
For reviewing, tracking & updating customer part information, history (revision levels, etc.)Equipment for checking coating thickness:
- X-ray fluorescence and betascope
- Fisher technologies permascope
- Coulometric thickness tester
- Inverted metallurgical microscope
- Digital micrometers, calipers, as well as digimatic hole tester for inside bore diameters
- Varied (~50 sets) of coating standards. (Traceable to NIST)
- Magnetic Induction
- Eddy Current
- Hall Effect
Environmental Test Chambers:
- High Humidity
- Salt spray
Complete coating property evaluation equipment:
- Abrasion resistance
- Microhardness (Vickers & Knoop) tester
- Electronic balance for coating weight
- Microsectioning apparatus for the preparation for metallurgical studies
- Surftest surface roughness tester
- Stereo type microscope for final (visual) inspection
Full chemistry lab for on-the-spot plating bath analysis and troubleshooting.
ISO 9001:2015 CertificationCERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
International Quality Registrars (IQR) issues this certificate to the Firm named belowALEXANDRIA METAL FINISHERS
9418 Gunston Cove Rd.
Lorton, VA. 22079-2314
After assessing the Firm’s quality system and finding it in compliance withISO 9001:2015
For the following scope of registrationCOMPREHENSIVE METAL FINISHING SERVICES-PLATING,
ANODIZING AND CHEMICAL PROCESSING
Registration No. 18-210501.2Q
Effective Date: August 21, 2018
Expiration Date: August 21, 2021
This registration is subject to ongoing audits by IQR.
Any change to the basis of this registration requires
Acceptance in writing by IQR.
Please call for a copy of our current certificate.